Core aims of the Governing Body
The governing body has three core aims
The governing body is made up of 10 governors with the following make up:
The governing body has a number of committees which aid in the running of the school reporting back to the full governors at the regular meetings throughout the year.
These committees are as follows:
Staffing Committee – Chair Angela Robinson
To assist the Governing Body in fulfilling its statutory responsibilities for all staff to be employed in the school and to generate the best possible professional environment, within which all staff will contribute to the raising of pupil performance and attainment
School Improvement Committee – Chair Alix Mann
1) To assist the Governing Body to ensure the overall aim and focus of the school is to provide the highest quality of provision, both human and physical, to support the development of students in school.
2) To assist the Governing Body in fulfilling its school curriculum responsibilities and its responsibilities in relation to the implementation of the National Curriculum and other associated courses.
Finance and General Purpose – Chair Paul Winder
1) To assist the Governing Board in fulfilling its statutory responsibilities for all staff employed in school and to generate the best possible professional environment, within which all staff can contribute to the raising of pupil performance and attainment.
2) To assist the Governing Board in directing the management of the school budget in support of the School Improvement Plan and ensuring sound financial management practices.
3) To assist the Governing Board in fulfilling its responsibilities in providing the best possible physical environment within which students learn, and to ensure all the Governing Board’s statutory responsibilities for the health and safety of all students and adults on site are met.
The governing body also has named governors for important school areas:
School open to children
September 4, 2018
Year 6 Blackhills Visit
September 26, 2018